Back-End JAVA Software Engineer – Toronto ON
daVinci is uniquely positioned to deliver best-in-class advanced planning software to the retail industry. Today, and throughout our history, daVinci’s innovative software helps fashion retailers advance digital transformation, grow revenue, increase profits, and operate more efficiently through intelligent assortment planning. With customer satisfaction as our top priority, our dynamic and collaborative environment draws upon all our people’s full knowledge capital to provide the best solutions possible.
An opportunity exists from our downtown Toronto office (currently working remotely) for motivated Senior Software Engineers looking for a chance to make an impact. The successful candidates will be assessing and redesigning the current platform with the best practices for highly available and scalable software design and architecture in mind, and in turn, will be part of the implementation. This role plays a vital part in ramping our software delivery velocity by leveraging the latest microservices DevOps techniques and delivery mechanisms.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with business experts, UI/UX, DevOps, QA, and other software engineers. Expect to be involved in all stages of the SDLC.
- Design and develop application features in Java using Spring Core, Sprint Boot, Spring MVC, and other Spring modules.
- Design and develop data schemas to support new features in our applications
- Develop testing code (Unit Test, Integration Test, E2E, Stress test)
- Review and test your peers’ code to ensure quality
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint plan meetings and perform tasks related to the Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodology
- Maintain open communication with the team of the development tasks
- Support and improve the DevOps pipelines
- 3+ years of development experience in Java with an understanding of object-oriented techniques and design patterns
- Knowledge of SpringBoot or SpringMVC
- Experience with Java persistence frameworks such as Spring Data, Hibernate, MyBatis
- Experience building scalable RESTful APIs
- Working understanding of concurrent programming and related concepts
- Knowledge of microservice architecture
- Expertise with SQL queries and Relational Databases (PostGRE, Oracle or mySQL):
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team
- Organization and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit, Mockito, Spring Test Framework)
- Experience with AMQP implementations like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of SpringCloud
- Knowledge of ELK
- Knowledge of highly scalable and available systems
- Development experience with web-based single page applications using Angular, React or VueJS
- DB transaction management, performance tuning, writing complex queries, triggers, and stored procedures
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- Understanding of relevant security considerations for applications on the cloud
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Git
- Working experience in a Scrum or Kanban based Agile team, with software development planning/tracking tools such as Jira
- Experience with test-driven development methodology
- Knowledge of performance testing practices and tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner or Gatling
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Working out of our downtown Toronto office*
- Currently working in a remote environment
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
- Valuing growth and development, we embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive collaborative work environment
- Competitive benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan
At daVinci we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in daVinci. We advise that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com and attach any other relevant information.