Front-End Developer – Toronto ON
daVinci is uniquely positioned to deliver best-in-class advanced planning software to the retail industry. Today, and throughout our history, daVinci’s innovative software helps fashion retailers advance digital transformation, grow revenue, increase profits, and operate more efficiently through intelligent assortment planning. With customer satisfaction as our top priority, our dynamic and collaborative environment draws upon all our people’s full knowledge capital to provide the best solutions possible.
An opportunity exists for a motivated front-end developer looking for a chance to make an impact in a number of our exciting projects. The successful candidates will be assessing and redesigning the current UI with the best software development practices in mind, helping to unify all our applications by reusing components across them.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with our business experts, UI/UX designers, DevOps, QA, and other software engineers. Expect to be involved in all stages of the SDLC.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint plan meetings and perform tasks related to the Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodology
- Maintain open communication with the team of the development tasks
- Master development of responsive, web-based user interfaces using React and Angular leveraging reusable components and modules
- Develop reusable, flexible, and well-tested UIs that satisfy the requirements while ensuring ease of use and a good user experience
- Keep current on new front-end trends by testing and evaluating them
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field is preferred with at least 3 years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. You must be highly motivated, accountable, and reliable
- Possess strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Experience with interacting with RESTful JSON APIs.
- Experience with distributed version control using Git and GitHub. A portfolio or work examples demonstrating coding skills, like a link to a public GitHub repository, is a plus
- Expertise in responsive web design, SPA
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and detail-oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Broad understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience with back-end languages like Java, Python, PHP, Node.js
- Knowledge of web accessibility
- Expertise in building web-based mobile applications, PWA
- Experience profiling and tuning the performance of web-based applications
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- Working out of our downtown Toronto office*
- Currently working in a remote environment
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
- Valuing growth and development, we embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive collaborative work environment
- Competitive benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan
At daVinci we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in daVinci. We advise that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach any other relevant information.