daVinci Item Planning is a demand planning solution that gives your team the granular level of detail required to make ongoing buy decisions for those never out-of-stock key items. Created for buyers and planners who need to continuously monitor sales and inventory demand to adjust buys to cater to customer trends.
Eliminate stacks of disconnected spreadsheets. Incorporate these key items you need to plan in detail within daVinci’s item demand planning to gain a holistic view of your entire assortment. Gain the visibility you need to align your key item inventory to your sales trend to understand their impact on your complete assortment strategy and your open-to-buy.
- daVinci Buying daVinci Assortment Planning
A crucial part of merchandise planning for retail is forecasting and estimating future business demand.
It is typically based on historical data, using several algorithms to predict a time period in the future. It can be used to augment strategies in planning, increase inventory productivity in the retail supply chain, and increase customer satisfaction by ensuring the right product is in the right place at the right time.
Forecasting helps predict customer demand, which results in optimal inventory levels since having excess inventory adds overhead costs and under inventory leads to loss of sales. Accurate forecasts that meet customer demands help retailers maximize and extend profits over the long term. Simply put, a company can make better-informed business decisions regarding inventory, cash flow, and growth plans.
- More accuracy of sales projections to satisfy customer demand
- Better cash flow management that would otherwise be tied up in excess inventory
- Supports more precise merchandise planning and supply chain decisions
daVinci’s Clustering application is a demand planning software for retail store clustering to create groupings, also known as clusters for different product levels using various inputs. These inputs can be product attribute, seasonality, location, or customer attribute, for one or a combination number of performance metrics (e.g., sales dollars, sales units, and gross margin).
The application uses embedded science and automation to deliver:
- your pre-specified number of clusters that best meets your business objectives, or
- the calculated optimal number of clusters that best fits the historical data you supplied for the analysis.
The Clustering app’s output can be used within the daVinci Assortment Planning, or in other enterprise tools such as Pricing, or Allocation and Replenishment.
daVinci Assortment Planning can take clustering results from this app directly and as frequently as necessary to create unique assortments at any product level. For example, a store can be an “A” for jeans, but “B” for boots, and “C” for leggings, and a “D” for accessories for winter with a completely different profile for summer.
- Provide scientifically precise store clusters
- Automatic connections to daVinci Assortment Planning to leverage application’s output
- Can be utilized by other external systems that can benefit from retail store clustering capabilities
Buying the right sizes from the start reduces the retailer’s reliance on size optimization after the inventory is already in DC or, worse yet, with no inventory to allocate. Here, one size doesn’t fit all.
daVinci’s Size Profiling provides advanced retailers business intelligence and insight they need to determine ideal size curves, a key component to determining the right buy quantities.
Done in the plan setup phase, the planner/allocator/data analyst can access four key data components needed to determine standard size curves.
The tool provides the ability to segment selling data, allowing the planner to view the information in weekly progressions for selling and sell-through curves, simultaneously displaying the number of stores with sales and the number of stores with on-hand inventory by size.
Aligned with groupings of stores and/or channels (buy clusters), the tool provides an easy assessment of variances in size selling patterns to ensure the optimal selling % to define your specific buy curves.
- Provides instant access and visibility to critical BI insight needed to determine Buy Size Curves
- increases team productivity with preloaded standard size curves
- More accurate size curves improve buy quantification accuracy
Vendor Line List Importer
One of the more time-consuming aspects of buying is the keying and often re-keying vendor information needed to process a buy/purchase order. This manual and often error-prone repetitive task can be eliminated with daVinci’s Vendor Line List Importer.
Reduce the need to manually key all the item information with Vendor Line List Importer.
Users have the ability to select from a vendor’s complete line list. Build your buy plans with placeholders. When the vendor line list is available, simply connect the item to your placeholder to get all the product information at the click of a button while preserving the planning you’ve already done.
- Reduce rekeying
- Increase merchant productivity
- Reduce errors
- Ensure consistent product information readiness for PO execution
Buy Plan Importer
Since you can start buying with daVinci at any time in your buy cycle, you can use Buy Plan Importer to bring in work you’ve already done before daVinci. To ease the transition from your existing buy sheet, Buy Plan Importer gives you a quicker way to import your existing buy plan information into daVinci.
You can import previous buy plans so you can see your buys roll up to a complete quarter or season, or year for a holistic picture. Once imported, you can leverage all of the features and functions in daVinci, including Reporting and Analytics.
- Reduces rekeying
- Increases team productivity
- Reduces errors
- Provides holistic reporting and analytics capabilities for buy plans built outside of daVinci
Reduce voluminous paper printouts and take your daVinci retail analytics with you on your Apple or Android tablet.
- Provide team with up to date information at your fingertips and on the go
- Increase team productivity
- Facilitate and streamline decision making
- Reduce waste, environmentally friendly
Mobile Buyer Market Ideas
Take daVinci to market and capture information about vendors and products on your Apple or Android tablet or smartphone.
Mobile Buyer Market Ideas Apps let you take daVinci with you so that buyers can be productive at the market, and managers can always be up-to-date.
Take photos and make notes on the fly to capture product information you can refer to later.
Import your information directly into daVinci Buying or daVinci Assortment Planning to reduce duplicate data entry.
- Capture information at market while on the go
- Facilitate buy decisions integrating market trip notes
- Increase team productivity