Buying and assortment planning (AP) is an iterative process that begins with assortment category strategy, to product creation, quantification, and finally purchase order commitment. Each step is informed by retail analytics that provides insight and guides your decision-making process.
Now that you know how to begin the buying and assortment planning process in assortment category strategy, and how to transform your assortment skeleton plans into actual products in assortment creation, you learn how to quantify the buy:
- to wedge or not to wedge
- tailoring the buy to your customers
- clustering your stores
- calculating the right buy quantities for all your clusters
Here is a list of additional resources and information about buying and assortment planning:
- What is assortment planning?
- Why does my business need assortment planning?
- Common buying mistakes that’s impacting your bottom line
- 3 ways to improve your assortment planning process
- Buying or assortment planning: which one is right for my business
- Confessions of a retail buyer
- How to be customer focused in your assortment planning
- Attributing your way to Success
Learn more about daVinci planning solutions:
Proceed to next training video