DevOps Engineer – Toronto ON
daVinci is uniquely positioned to deliver best-in-class advanced planning software to the retail industry. Today, and throughout our history, daVinci’s innovative software helps fashion retailers advance digital transformation, grow revenue, increase profits, and operate more efficiently through intelligent assortment planning. With customer satisfaction as our top priority, our dynamic and collaborative environment draws upon all our people’s full knowledge capital to provide the best solutions possible.
An opportunity exists from our downtown Toronto office (currently working remotely) for a motivated DevOps Engineer looking for a chance to make an impact. The successful candidates will be creating, monitoring, and improving systems to achieve the best user experience by ensuring they are running smoothly; this involves creating and maintaining CI&CD pipelines leveraging IaaS and containerization technologies. This role also helps to integrate different tools, setting up and tuning our solutions, automating tasks, and continuously improving processes
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with business experts, UI/UX, DevOps, QA, and other software engineers. Expect to be involved in all stages of the SDLC.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint plan meetings and perform tasks related to the Agile (Scrum and Kanban) methodology
- Maintain open communication with the team of the development tasks
- Create and maintain infrastructure as a code (IaaS)
- Own the DevOps pipelines for building, testing, deploying, and integrating our products
- Ensure deliveries are done within the stipulated timelines, effectively adapting to changes
- Install, configure and maintain in-house or cloud VMs, containers, and networks (App/Web servers, DB servers, Caching servers, Messaging servers)
- Configure and implement backup strategies for different services
- Assist with system administration tasks for our solutions
- Assist with planning and automating the execution of unit/integration/performance/stress/E2E tests
- Keep current on new Infrastructure and DevOps trends by testing and evaluating them
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or a related field is preferred with at least three years of related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills. You must be highly motivated, accountable, and reliable
- Strong understanding of system fundamentals, including OS tuning, essential network services (DHCP, DNS, AD, …), and storage solutions
- Good understanding of web application infrastructures: SaaS, IaaS, micro-services,
- Experience implementing CI & CD pipelines with GitHub, Jenkins, Gradle/Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Familiarity with RDBMS fundamentals and administration besides expertise in writing SQL queries and procedures.
- Good understanding of Java and OOP principles. Familiarity with popular Java frameworks (Spring, JPA, JSP/Servlets) and operational knowledge of Java (JVM monitoring and tuning) is preferred
- Experience setting up, configuring, and tuning Java web containers (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.) and web servers (Apache)
- SDLC Experience with Agile methodology (Scrum) working with software development planning/tracking tools such as Jira
- Expertise with Linux based OS administration and shell scripting
- Experience with in-house Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V and VMWare as well as experience with cloud virtualization technologies like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience with centralized performance monitoring tools (APM) for webapps
- Experience using ETL tools
- Knowledge of performance testing practices and tools such as JMeter or LoadRunner or Gatling
- Experience with NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Redis, Apache Cassandra
- Experience with messaging queue systems such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Knowledge of Python, Perl, Groovy. Having used them as scripting languages.
Here’s Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Working out of our downtown Toronto office
- Currently working in a remote environment
- Ability to make an immediate and lasting impact
- Work with a talented team of innovative and creative players
- Valuing growth and development, we embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning
- We have flexible hours and no dress code
- Annual celebrations and milestone outings
- Career mentoring and skills training
- Work in a safe, secure, and positive collaborative work environment
- Competitive benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan
At daVinci we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in daVinci. We advise that only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach any other relevant information.