While merchandise planning is the strategic roadmap for retailers to anticipate customer demand, then plan the inventory they need to meet that demand while satisfying the company’s financial objectives.
Assortment planning and buying is the vehicle in which these financial objectives can be met through effective buying practices.
Hundreds of assortment planning and buying decisions are made every day by your merchant and planning teams, from the initial product concept through to the point of sale. Each decision needs to marry creativity and insight with careful thought informed by data.
Learn the fundamentals of assortment planning with this video series.
Introduction to Assortment Planning
- Learn what is assortment planning, and why retailers need it
- Get an overview of the assortment planning process
Here is a list of additional resources and information about buying and assortment planning:
- What is assortment planning?
- Why does my business need assortment planning?
- Common buying mistakes that’s impacting your bottom line
- 3 ways to improve your assortment planning process
- Buying or assortment planning: which one is right for my business
- Confessions of a retail buyer
- How to be customer focused in your assortment planning
- Learn how daVinci supports the merchandising life cycle at Guess? Inc.
Learn more about daVinci planning solutions:
Proceed to next training video